Careers at Building For Mission
Chief Learning Strategist
The Chief Learning Strategist will be responsible for setting the vision and strategy for the training and facilitation function of Building For Mission (BFM). This means determining the approach for how content is designed and delivered to clients as well as managing all of the training engagements at BFM. Our consultancy provides dynamic and customized support across a broad range of training needs for individuals, staff, and organization leadership and boards. A successful candidate is an individual who can set and implement the strategy to effectively steward a high-impact experience for our training clients. This person will drive training and facilitation content design that is deeply embedded with race, equity, diversity, and inclusion (REDI). This person will lead and support multiple client engagements at one time and partner in business development. This person will also be responsible for managing our network of consultants, and deepening client engagement at all levels from board to staff. This individual is an excellent presenter and facilitator. This position will report to and collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer. This person will also work closely with the Chief Talent Strategist.
- Set the vision, goals and strategy for the training and facilitation function
- Drive the approach to training and facilitation content design, delivery, facilitation, including the creation of formats and templates for proposals, client engagement, and cohort program
- Facilitate interactive trainings leveraging Adult Learning Theory
- Integrate Predictive Index into BFM’s Training
- Build an understanding of client needs to create buy-in for trainings/facilitations
- Monitor trends, identify opportunities and explore innovative solutions to capture teaching and learning opportunities
- Manage and deliver consulting services for multiple clients, often in a project lead role working with other BFM team members
- Build trusting relationships with clients at all levels, provide thought partnership, meet agreed-upon milestones and keep them informed of progress
- Contribute to continuous learning efforts through evaluation, reflection, and analysis leading refinement and codification of our methods and materials
- Develop BFM’s training and impact metrics and outcomes
- Give insight on BFM’s current training services and identify creative opportunities – new models or approaches to advance our services and negotiate proposals
- Set the vision and manage execution for future online training content.
- Lead content creation for BFM’s coaching services.
- Oversee client relationships & quality experience
- Support business development for BFM through leveraging own network along with identifying, building, and cultivating new partnerships
- Design business proposals
- Identify creative opportunities—new models or approaches to advance our services
- Manage a high-performing team of trainers and coaches
- Contribute to the organization’s strategy and business model developments
- Develop BFM staff and consultants on your project teams
- Strengthen culture by modeling collaboration, operating with integrity, demonstrating a strong work ethic, an openness to learn and grow, flexibility, and kindness
- Work effectively and creatively in a largely virtual environment
Skills & Qualifications:
We are seeking candidates with many of the following capabilities:
- Design Content: You are able to design content in an aesthetically appealing way and keep it useful and up to date for clients.
- HR, Talent, and Organization Development Know-How: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development and/or related areas.
- Partnership/Business Development: You are able to identify and build connections with new partners, assess partner needs and interests, and propose mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strategic Thinking and Communication: You see context and hold a strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly and in multiple outlets.
- People Management: You have experience managing and leading people
- Project Management: You can integrate innovative talent practices in organizations and have managed projects and budgets effectively. You can manage projects, team members, and stakeholders effectively.
- Written Communication and Presentation Skills: You are a strong writer, speaker, and facilitator, skilled in organizing thoughts and ideas in ways that are clear and client-centered. You also are excellent in designing visually appealing presentations and reports.
- An Intersectional and DEI Analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity inform practices, policies, and organizational outcomes.
- Relationship Cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others, and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate in conflictual situations.
- Growth Mindset: You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning and client engagement.
- Eight or more years of training and facilitation in HR/Talent Strategy along with project management experience
- Five or more years of experience developing design content/curriculum, and developing people and teams
- Proven track record of supporting one or more organizations through multi-year change
- Excellent public speaking skills
BA, MA and/ or comparable skills/certifications/experience
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates must be willing to travel for in-person client and team engagement. (In-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)