Careers at Building For Mission
Chief Talent Consultant
The Chief Talent Consultant will be responsible for managing the team that supports all of the talent consultant engagements at BFM. Our consultancy provides dynamic and customized support across a broad range of talent and organizational development (OD) needs for individuals, staff, senior leadership and boards. The Chief Talent Consultant will report to the CEO, collaborate closely with the Chief Learning Consultant and manage a team of 2-3 consultants, as well as several affiliate consultants, as needed.
The salary for this role will be between $130,000 and $150,000 based on experience.
Who Should Apply?
- Do you believe that people are the world’s greatest asset and that everyone can grow?
- Do you believe that organizations can reach their potential if they understand our country’s history and current manifestations of racism and oppression, and actively work to undo them?
- Do you believe that organizations are most effective when they identify, invest in and resource exceptional talent?
- Do you possess rich experience in and the ability to achieve outcomes in HR, OD & REDI?
- Are you a great manager? (Come on now, for real?!?!?)
- Are you an organized person who is able to thrive in ambiguity and create clarity?
- Are you a kind person who works well with others and genuinely enjoys learning and growing?
- Do you want to do good work with good people and have fun?
The Chief Talent Consultant will be able to make impact in 4 key areas:
Additional Skills & Qualifications
We are seeking candidates with many of the following capabilities:
- HR, Talent, and OD know-how: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development and/or related areas.
- Partnership/Business Development: You are able to identify and build connections with new partners, assess partner needs and interests, and propose mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strategic thinking and communication: You see context and hold a strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly verbally and in print and in multiple outlets.
- People Management: You have experience managing and leading people.
- Project Management: You can integrate innovative talent practices in organizations and have managed projects and budgets effectively.
- Written Communication and Presentation skills: You are a strong writer, speaker and facilitator, skilled in organizing thoughts and ideas in ways that are clear and client-centered. You also are excellent in designing visually appealing presentations and reports.
- An Intersectional and REDI Analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity influence practices, policies, and organizational outcomes and how to implement antiracist practices.
- Relationship Cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others, and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate in conflictual situations.
- Growth Mindset: You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning and client engagement.
Professional & Educational Experience:
We believe it is helpful to share our general idea of the profile of a person who might be competitive for this role, which you can see below. However, we invest in potential and believe that competitive Chief Talent Consultants could possess a variety of diverse professional backgrounds. So, if you believe you are a great match for this role, whether or not these elements are true for you, we encourage you to apply!
- 8+ years of consulting in the areas of organizational and/or people development
- 8+ years of Talent Strategy/HR and project management experience
- 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and developing people and teams
- 3+ years of executive coaching experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree and/or comparable skills, certifications or experiences
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates must be willing to travel for in-person client and team engagement. (In-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, language, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply, including those who have been formerly incarcerated, those who live with a disability and parents.