Careers at Building For Mission
Chief Talent Strategist
The Chief Talent Strategist will be responsible for managing all of the consultant engagements at Building For Mission (BFM). Our consultancy provides dynamic and customized support across a broad range of talent and Organizational Development (OD) needs for individuals, staff, organization leadership and boards. A successful candidate is an individual who can set and implement the strategy to effectively steward a high-impact experience for our consulting clients. This person can drive Talent and OD content creation that is deeply integrated with race\equity\diversity\inclusion (REDI). This person can lead and support multiple client engagements at one time and partner in business development. This person will also be responsible for leading a small, but highly effective team of consultants. This position will report to and collaborate with the Chief Executive Officer. This person will also work closely with the Chief Learning Strategist.
- Lead the design and creation of talent content, organizational development/change management content and build talent strategy framework
- Build BFM’s Talent infrastructure including frameworks, tools, and services
- Build on Predictive Index knowledge and frameworks and integrate into BFM Talent model and practices
- Build partnership and manage relationship with Predictive Index
- Stay abreast of industry best practices related to talent management
- Provide talent strategy, HR and organization development (OD) consulting with the ability to analyze a company’s current HR and REDI practices and recommend solutions
- Design and carry out research and data collection via surveys, interviews, or focus groups with the ability to analyze and report on results
- Lead quantitative and qualitative analyses on the development of specific solutions to support talent transformation efforts.
- Manage and deliver consulting services for multiple clients often in a project lead role working with other BFM team members
- Make recommendations for improving organizational strategy, structure, human capital and management practices internally and externally
- Design and facilitate interactive trainings leveraging Adult Learning Theory
- Build trusting relationships with clients at all levels, provide thought partnership, meet agreed-upon milestones and keep them informed of progress.
- Provide coaching and counsel to senior leader clients
- Contribute to continuous learning efforts through evaluation, reflection, and analysis leading refinement and codification of our methods and materials
- Provide excellent facilitation of learning sessions for small and large high-visibility engagements
- Oversee client relationships & quality experience
- Support business development for BFM through leveraging own network along with identifying, building, and cultivating new partnerships
- Design business proposals
- Identify creative opportunities – new models or approaches to advance our services
- Manage a high-performing team of consultants
- Contribute to the organization’s strategy and business model developments
- Develop BFM staff and consultants on your project teams
- Strengthen culture by modeling collaboration, operating with integrity, demonstrating a strong work-ethic, an openness to learn and grow, flexibility and kindness
- Work effectively and creatively in a largely virtual environment
Skills & Qualifications
We are seeking candidates with many of the following capabilities:
- HR, Talent, and OD know-how: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development and/or related areas.
- Partnership/Business Development: You are able to identify and build connections with new partners, assess partner needs and interests, and propose mutually beneficial solutions.
- Strategic thinking and communication: You see context and hold a strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly verbally and in print and in multiple outlets.
- People Management: You have experience managing and leading people
- Project Management: You can integrate innovative talent practices in organizations and have managed projects and budgets effectively. You can manage projects, team members and stakeholders effectively.
- Written Communication and Presentation skills: You are a strong writer, speaker and facilitator, skilled in organizing thoughts and ideas in ways that are clear and client-centered. You also are excellent in designing visually appealing presentations and reports.
- An Intersectional and REDI Analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity inform practices, policies, and organizational outcomes.
- Relationship Cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others, and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate in conflictual situations.
- Growth Mindset: You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning and client engagement.
You have 8+ years of Talent Strategy/HR and project management experience. You have 5+ years of experience leading, managing, and developing people and teams. Experience doing organizational development internally and/or as a consultant (consulting experience a plus). Proven track record of supporting an or multiple organizations through multi-year change. You have excellent public speaking skills.
You hold a BA, MA, and/ or comparable skills/certifications/experience.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates must be willing to travel for in-person client and team engagement. (In-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19)