Careers at Building For Mission
A successful candidate is an individual who can lead and support multiple client engagements at one time, offering specific talent expertise in collaboration with a Senior Consultant. The individual would manage a variety of project-related tasks, including conducting interviews, organization assessment surveys, benchmarking, developing presentations, and designing and facilitating training sessions—all with a race equity/DEI lens. This position will report to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Provide human resources (HR) and organization development (OD) consulting with the ability to analyze a company’s current HR and DEI practices and recommend solutions
- Carry out research and data collection via surveys, interviews, or focus groups with the ability to analyze and report on results
- Manage and deliver consulting services for multiple clients
- Facilitate interactive trainings leveraging Adult Learning Theory
- Design workshops and training materials
- Build trusting relationships with clients, keep them informed of progress, meet agreed upon milestones, and provide thought partnership
- Contribute to continuous learning efforts through evaluation, reflection and analysis leading refinement and codification of our methods and materials
- Identify creative opportunities—new models or approaches to advance our services
- Contribute and design business proposals
- Identify, build and cultivate new partnerships
BFM Team Member
- Contribute to the organization’s strategy and business model developments
- Support and take on mini projects related to BFM’s business operations
- Work effectively and creatively in a largely virtual environment
Skills & Qualifications:
We are seeking candidates with many of the following capabilities:
- HR, Talent and Organization Development: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development and/or related areas.
- Project Management: You can integrate innovative talent practices in organizations and have managed projects and budgets effectively. You can manage projects, team members and stakeholders effectively.
- Written Communication and Presentation: You are a strong writer, skilled in organizing thoughts and ideas in ways that are clear and client centered. You are also excellent in designing visually appealing presentations and reports.
- Strategic Thinking and Communication: You see context and hold strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly and in multiple outlets.
- An Intersectional and DEI Analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity inform practices, policies, and organizational outcomes.
- Partnership/Business Development: You are able to identify and assess partner needs and interests, propose mutually beneficial solutions.
- Relationship Cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate in conflictual situations.
- Growth Mindset: You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning and client engagement.
You have 5+ years of HR and project management experience (people management a plus). You have experience doing organizational development internally and/or as a consultant (consulting experience a plus). You have excellent public speaking skills.
You hold a BA, MA and/or comparable skills/certifications/experience.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States but candidates must be willing to travel for in-person team engagement (in-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19). This position will report to the Chief Talent Strategist.