Careers at Building For Mission
Building For Mission has both a consultancy team and a training/learning team. We are seeking a skilled, full-time Talent Consultant to join our consultancy team, who will support multiple clients with specific talent and REDI expertise.
As a Talent Consultant, you will be responsible for the overall experience for each of your clients, supporting organizations to achieve their talent and REDI goals. A successful candidate can manage multiple client engagements at a time, is an exceptional project manager, skilled in assessing client needs and designing interventions that support growth and progress. This often involves conducting interviews, organization assessment surveys, benchmarking, developing presentations, designing, and facilitating client sessions—all with a REDI lens. The Talent Consultant will join a team of four and report to the Chief Talent Consultant. The starting salary for this role will be between $80,000 and $130,000 depending on skills and experience.
- Create an exceptional client experience, supporting client management and project management toward achieving customized talent and REDI goals for each client engagement
- Manage and deliver consulting services for multiple clients, often in a project lead role working with other BFM team member
- Facilitate and deliver customized training and learning for leadership teams, boards of directors, people managers, all staff, and REDI committees, among other groups
- Provide coaching and counsel to senior leaders, as needed
- Provide human resources (HR) and organization development (OD) consulting with the ability to analyze a company’s current HR and DEI practices and recommend solutions
- Build trusting relationships with clients at all levels, provide thought partnership, meet agreed upon milestones, and keep them informed of progress.
- Contribute to continuous learning efforts through evaluation, reflection, and analysis leading refinement and codification of our methods and materials
- Carry out research and data collection via surveys, interviews, and/or focus groups with the ability to analyze and report on results
- Identify creative opportunities – new models or approaches to advance our services
- Lead the design, creation, and delivery of facilitation and training content, including but not limited to race, equity, diversity and inclusiveness, organizational development, change management, talent management, etc.
- Design and facilitate interactive trainings and conversations leveraging Adult Learning Theory for learning sessions for small and large engagements both virtually and in-person (note that all sessions are virtual for now due to COVID-19)
- Design workshops and training materials using Google Suite and other online tools and platforms
- Support BFM’s culture by modeling collaboration, operating with integrity, demonstrating a strong and innovative work ethic, practicing openness to learning and growth, flexibility, and kindness
- Work effectively and creatively in a largely virtual environment; building trusting relationships with colleagues and consultants at all levels
- Make recommendations for improving organizational strategy, structure, human capital, and management practices internally and externally
- Contribute to and in some cases, design business proposals
- Identify, build and cultivate new partnerships
- Leverage your network, as appropriate, to increase our impact
- Identify creative opportunities to advance our services around talent and REDI
Skills & Qualifications:
We are seeking candidates with many of the following capabilities:
- Facilitation and training expertise: You have deep experience in designing and facilitating highly-effective and strategic learning and collaboration experiences across various group sizes, contexts, and demographics on a broad set of talent, HR, REDI, and OD content.
- Unwavering commitment to learning: You actively research best practices and input and integrate these insights to develop the most effective designs and facilitation. You believe in the human capacity for learning and growth in a way that drives personal learning as well as overall client engagement.
- An Intersectional, and REDI analysis: You are skilled in understanding and surfacing for others how race and identity influence practices, policies, and organizational outcomes and how to implement antiracist practices. You have a growing analysis of the ways power and oppression show up in a global context. You bring this awareness to bear in your design and facilitation.
- HR, Talent, and OD familiarity: You have knowledge and experience in talent management, leadership development, and organizational development and/or related areas.
- Strategic thinking and communication: You see context, make connections quickly, and hold a strategic perspective that you can communicate clearly verbally and in writing across multiple platforms.
- Client management: You have experience managing and leading diverse groups of people, be it internal or external teams or previous experience as a consultant.
- Project management: You have the ability to execute and monitor projects as well as manage client scope and budget effectively, directly and through the project team members.
- Relationship cultivation: You listen for what matters, quickly develop rapport, earn the respect and trust of others, and can guide clients to collaborate and act on decisions and recommendations.
- Engaging Conflict: You step into conflicts, viewing tensions across differences as opportunities to get to enduring and authentic solutions, and you can facilitate effectively in conflictual situations.
- Infrastructure enthusiasm and ability: You appreciate the need for infrastructure such as learning management systems, institutional knowledge management, systems, and processes in a start-up on a growing team.
- Partnership/Business development: You are able to identify and build connections with new partners, assess partner needs and interests, and propose mutually beneficial solutions.
Professional Experience & Education:
Though we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and though we appreciate that a great match for this role might possess a variety of professional experiences, we believe it is helpful to share our general idea of the profile of a person who will be competitive for this particular role
- At least 8 years of client management and project management experience (previous consulting and/or coaching experience is a significant plus)
- At least 5 years of training and facilitation experience with an emphasis on adult learners
- At least 5 years of talent strategy, HR, REDI, and/or organizational development experience
- At least 5 years of previous experience as a people manager
- At least 5 years of previous experience as a senior leader/executive team member, or at least 5 years of experience having consulted with senior/executive leadership team members to support their leadership
- An intersectional analysis of REDI/DEI within the workplace and the ability to cultivate this analysis with organizations and leaders at varying stages of talent and OD work that effectively prioritizes and integrates REDI concepts
- Excellent communication skills and ability to effectively design and deliver content both verbally and in writing (through a combination of conversation, presentation, and training spaces)
- An OE orientation to your work—you are a strategic thinker who can anticipate challenges, make connections quickly, build trusting relationships, persuade others, and problem-solve effectively
- Flexibility—you are able to pivot quickly to respond to emerging challenges or dynamics in a group setting and hold space effectively during moments of tension and/or conflict
- Experience leading during moments of uncertainty or ambiguity, including experience supporting organizations through change management processes
- You hold a bachelor’s or master’s degree and/or comparable skills, certifications, or experience
- Proficiency with virtual note-taking, project management, and training platforms (i.e. Powerpoint/Google slides, Zoom/Google Meet, Survey Monkey/Taleo, Excel/Asana/Slack)
To apply, fill out this Google form. We will review applications on a rolling basis. Though we seek to hire as soon as we find the perfect match, this position will remain open until filled.
- Include an updated resume
- Include a cover letter (optional)
- Include a LinkedIn profile (optional)
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, language, ethnicity, age, religion, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, disability, or any factors prohibited by applicable law. We encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
This position can be located anywhere in the United States and candidates must be willing to travel for in-person client and team engagement. (In-person engagements have been temporarily suspended due to COVID-19.)